Friends of the Wild Flower Garden
Mew England Aster

Organization:

The Friends of the Wild Flower Garden, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Minnesota Non-profit corporation founded in 1952 by a group of private citizens. Our mission is to protect, preserve, and promote the interests of the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and Bird Sanctuary as a sanctuary for native flora and fauna of Minnesota, and to educate and inspire all people in relating to the natural world. We offer assistance for the garden in the form of funding and volunteer support and transportation grants to Minneapolis Public Schools for students to visit the Garden. (Complete Mission Statement.) You can support our mission by your membership, memorials and donations.

Membership is open to any interested person or organization that wishes to provide ongoing base support for our Garden and educational programs. For membership information use the "support us" tab.

Funding:

Annual support contributions, other contributions and memorials to the friends are tax deductible and fund our mission. The Garden is owned and operated by the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board. Friends of the Wild Flower Garden is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff, no offices. Our administrative and fund raising expenses are funded by non-contribution resources. Gifts "in honor of" a living person or memorials for a deceased person are accepted and encouraged. For more information about annual support, other contributions and memorials please use the "Support Us" Menu above.

Thoughts of our Founder

1952: Clinton Odell describes the Garden and why he started The Friends of the Wild Flower Garden.


Annual Members Meeting - was held September 19, 3 PM

Next Board Meeting - January 31, 2022, 7 PM

Our Newsletter

Details at this link


More information tabs about the Friends.

Garden theme sale items sponsored by The Friends

graphic
Note Cards
graphic
Garden plant photo ID booklet


Below: 25 years ago the back gate renovation was nearing completion. The Gate and the wrought iron were in place with only parts of the retaining wall to be completed. The Friends paid for this part of the 1991/1997 renovation of the north boundary of the Garden with the MPRB doing the remaining work.

Back Gate of the Garden

Contact Us

102221