July and August are not easily separated, their features being much alike. They bring us to a pause in the rapid development of growing plants. The peak of Spring bloom comes the latter part of May, then wanes somewhat, then rises to a climax again in August and September when the flowers of the prairie are at their best in the upland Garden. Former Curator Martha Crone
Flowering plant thumbnails sorted by color:
Late Summer - all colors-
– web page --------or
– Download a printable PDF FIle. Pages 11 high x 8.5 inches wide, 25 pages, 20 images per page.
– Download pdf low resolution - 3.1mb
– Download pdf hi resolution - 24.8mb. Best for printing.
Late Summer Fruits and Seed Pods
– web page ---- or
Download a printable PDF FIle. Pages 11 high x 8.5 inches wide, 4 pages, 20 images per page.
– Download pdf low resolution - 581kb
– Download pdf hi resolution - 4.3mb. Best for printing.
Late Summer Articles and Plant Comparisons